Monday, December 22, 2008

If Everyone Else Jumps off a Cliff...Oops, I did that too!

So, here I go being like everyone else....

It's finally time to take that proverbial plunge and get my own blog. The idea has been a long time forming, but it finally cemented last night when someone told me that i needed a blog so people could log on, see what God is doing, and find out where in the world I am. I figured that sounded like a good idea. Though it's fun to just show up at places and surprise people, there's something to be said about good communication as well. :0)

So this will be a place for trip updates and random entries. There's probably won't be any set schedule as to when I post, but I'll try to come on and say something halfway interesting a few times a month. This kind of stuff gets hard when you're overseas because it just becomes another way to take up time in an infernally slow internet cafe.

My hope is that this blog will help you see what life is like all over the world, will help you meet precious, men, women, and children who desperately need him, and will let you see what I see. My fruit is your fruit, because I cannot go anywhere if I am not sent. And more than anything I hope that you can see the awesome hand of God, feel his love, and know his power firsthand. Please feel free to share this link to others who would like to hear and read about these adventures!!!

As for me right now, I'm in the United States for a few more days. I've been back from the Dominican Republic for 6 weeks and in a few days, am off to India! Woohoo!!! This is exciting for many reasons. First of all, it's India. And that's just cool. But best of all will be going back to places that I know and seeing people that I love, getting to love on them just a little more. We'll spend most of our time working at orphanages and leper colonies, just making relationships and serving where we can. I'm most excited about seeing my two little girls, Neha and Bavita, again. They've been on my heart all year and now they're in for a big surprise--because neither of them know that I am coming!

The group I'm going with will be sent by an organization called Sixty1. For information on this organization, please go to the website http://www.sixty1.org/.

That's it for now. I'll probably post a few times before I leave, just because new things are fun. :0) Merry Christmas, Everyone!
-Summer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen,
    Glad you started the blog. I'll be keeping up with you!
    Walt

    ReplyDelete