Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Link to Pictures from India


Hey, Friends!!!!

I'm home and am trying just to adjust from jet lag. My body is taking it kind of hard, like it usually does. Not fun. :0) But inbetween naps I was able to upload my pictures onto my pic site, so I wanted to go ahead and post this. I hope you enjoy them! Let me know if you want to hear stories behind particular ones.
This little girl is Ragina, from Asha House. It was taken my last day there, and I can't believe how beautiful it is. Her eyes speak far beyond what my simple camera was able to capture. By the way, this was after 2 weeks of seeing nothing but sorrow covering her features. I'd arrive at Asha, sweep her into my arms, and hold her until it was time to go.
But look... is that a smile on her face?
That afternoon, she smiled at me. And she sang me a song in her sweet, little girl voice. A song in Hindi, so soft that I could barely hear it. But she sang it. And I didn't see the sorrow after that.
Oh, I almost forgot. Here's the link: www.photobucket.com/ktsummer

1 comment:

  1. O my goodness! I just went to your photo site and saw those beautiful pictures of India! Can I tell you they made me cry! And the picture of all those little ladies sitting in a circle cooking (looked like they were cuttin up garlic?) made me want to go and sit with them and spend a week right there.

    ReplyDelete