Saturday, March 14, 2009

INDIA






Hey, Friends!!!


Just wanted to thank you so much for your prayers and your encouragement. Thank you to everyone who emailed me with the Word of Life, for those who have been praying. I am so thankful for you!!!

So, it's day 2 in India and it's pretty great. I got 10 hours of sleep last night so i'm feeling pretty awake. And thankful. The cell phone thing will be worked out, I know. After some sleep, time with the orphans, and some incredible chicken curry, I'm most definitely not overwhelmed any more--which is a nice feeling!!!
Yesterday we went to Asha and just played with the children. It was so great to see them again! Many of them remembered me, so when i knelt down to say hi, they said, "Kristen Auntie!!" That felt soooo good!!! My little girl, Ragina, was laughing and playing; completely different from how she had been just a few months ago.
The group I'm here with is working on videotaping and photography for Sixty1. One person, Kate, is the friend I brought with me from Ga. She's a professional photographer and is incredible. She's gonna take awesome pictures of the kids that will be used for profiles for support. So be watching the website and such in the next coming months!!!
And speaking of the website, the man who has designed the current website is here with his wife and daughter-in-law. He's also working on video, so that supporters can see the kids in action. Yesterday we pulled out balloons so the kids could play and we could document it all. It was fun!!! I mostly watched bc i could barely keep my eyes open. But it was still fun!!! And I took a few pictures, which are on my picture site: www.photobucket.com/ktsummer. Scroll down to where the albums are, and you can click on "India 2009." I'll update it regularly, hopefully.
That's all for now. Thanks so much for praying!!!! I'll write in a couple days and let you know what all is going down here.
Love you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful precious children! Wish you could bring them all home! love ya

    ReplyDelete