Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Off to India!!!!


Hey, Friends!!!!!

How are you?

So, today is epic because it's 80 degrees in March in Ga. The trees are starting to bud, tiny blossoms that surely will have a lovely dead fish smell sometime soon. The first flowers are already here and that means that pollen season is well on its way. Soon our world will be green again! Hooray!!!

Despite the fact that I hate winter, it's been good to be back. Especially with all the places I went to last year... I didn't really have a winter 2007/2008. My mind was really confused. But I'm so glad it's over because I have missed the sun!!!!

And now that it's here, I'm leaving!!! This afternoon I'm getting on a plane and am off to India for two months!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! I'm ready. I don't know if I've ever felt this "ready" for a trip before. Two months is the longest I've gone anywhere in almost a year, so this is exciting and big for me. Packing hasn't been too fun, but I think everything has found a place :0)

When I arrive, there will be a small team of 5 that I will be working with. Some of them have been there before with Sixty1 and AIM, some are new. But they will be gone by on March 24, and then it'll be ministry as I've never done--or lived--it before! I'm very excited about whatever God has in store... and have no clue what that will be! This will definitely be a faith building experience! I'm just gonna take it day-by-day, minute-by-minute.

Please be praying for me--for health, safety, rest, solid ministry, wisdom, etc. Also, for support. It's almost there, but not completely yet. I don't know exactly how much I need yet, but should get the amount via email in the next few days. As soon as I know something, I'll let you know. Thank you so much for your generosity and your support. It means so much!!!!

I guess I better go; there's a lot of stuff to do before I leave this afternoon. I'll see y'all in May! Have a great day! Love ya!


-Kristen Torres-Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment